Family Pic

Family Pic
Sept 2009

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Some more 1st's

I've started to read novel-type books with Micaela and we've finished our first big novel. Well, big for her. It has chapters and she's never read a chapter book. I'm actually reading it to her but she follows along pretty well. The book was Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. It's a really good story. A bit gory in some parts. But we all enjoyed it. Now we're reading a Spyderwick story called Goblins Attack. It's a much smaller book but it's a fun story. We'll finish that tonight and then start reading The legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. She's really excited about this one.

Our other "1st" was Brian changing the battery in the Festiva. That's our little red car. The battery died over the freezing holiday and he was able to get one from work work. It's a new, 84 month, battery. His company ships batteries for Johnson Controls and he gets one free battery a year. It's pretty nice cuz we really didn't have the money for that. We did spend a couple dollars for a tool that he needed but we needed it anyway. Then he changed it out and the car started right up! It was really exciting. I told him he is my HERO! I'm so proud of him. He's embarrassed that I even put it on here but I'm so excited to have a 2nd car again and that it didn't really cost any money. He even recycled it at work for free. What a blessing it was.

So, YEAH!, we've done some more 1st's and it's only January. This year will be filled with lots of 1st's. YEAH!

Sara

1 comment:

delagray said...

What a great idea to read chapter books with your daughter. My mother did that with me so I knew some really great writings as a child. It's also a great mother-child time. Never forgotten. My dad took several pictures of Mom reading to us as children and I treasure them.