Sorry I haven't updated the site for a while. I'm not even sure if anyone's looking at it. But it will be a great way of journaling none-the-less. :-) Christmas was FANTASTIC! Although Brian and I are both unemployed right now, we were and are incredibly blessed. We had so many people helping and so many blessings from everywhere. The Lord is GREAT! We went to lots of parties and get-togethers and ate til are clothes didn't fit anymore. heehee :-D
A few things that happened lately are:
Brian and Dad (aka Grandpa Leder) started to get our closet fixed. It had a lot of mold and dry rot. So we ripped it all out and luckily it was contained in just the closet and not the whole bedroom. We actually discovered it about last April 2007. But it's been a slow process containing the mold and getting the money for supplies. Brian and Dad got all the dry rot out and put in new wood and sheet rock. It smells like a new house. It's so great. It looks so pretty too with the new sheet rock. Now we just need to do the mud and tape and texture and we have a brand new closet. We've been sleeping in the office which isn't too private and now we're ready to move back in to the bedroom. We also ripped up all the carpet in April and have been living on the concrete subfloor. I guess it's not the prettiest but it sure is a lot cleaner than the carpet we had in here. We're going to put all hardwood (laminate) and just do area rugs. It will really cut down on Micaela's allergies. We'll be doing that in the Spring.
Also, I (Sara) started to go back to school. It's pretty fun. I'm only taking a math class right now but I'm glad that I started out slow. Math's pretty tough for me so I needed to focus on just that. Brian's a wonderful tutor and really knows his math. He's stays patient with me and helps A LOT! I'm really having fun with it and my teacher is really good. He's been teaching Math for almost 40 years and still really enjoys it. He's very helpful and willing to stay after class to help too. I'm also starting to train for a 1/2 marathon that's coming up in May. For about the last 4 years I've wanted to do a marathon. It's been a life goal I set and now I get to train for it. I'm doing it with Rebecca. She actually got started on her training in October and I just found out a couple weeks ago. I was so excited and it didn't take much for her to talk me into it. I'm way or should I say "weigh" out of shape. But it's been fun getting into a routine of workouts and walking. Rebecca said that I don't have to run, but I've been practicing a little. I can make it about a block. It's pretty good and my body actually likes it. But my lungs don't. I guess I better get some cardio/pulmonary aerobics going. But I'm really excited about the marathon. It's 13.1 miles exactly 1/2 a marothon. So we'll see how it goes. I'm also playing volleyball on Wed. nights and it's been really nice getting back into that after 12 years. I've always loved it and now I'm finally acting on my dream to play again. It's just for fun right now and maybe I'll join a team in the future. But it's great exercise too.
Brian's considering going to school too and would like to become a CPA. He's always thought about accounting but never had the desire to go to school. But now it's more appealing and becoming a CPA would be more secure. He's still looking for a job so if anyone has any suggestions, we're open.
Micaela's still really loving school and really wants to play soccer. For the next 3 months her school has some after school activities on Tues and Thurs. Her Tues class is about rock climbing and her thurs class is about sports which includes soccer. So it will introduce her to the sport and others too. Ever since she could pick out a ball to play with it's been soccer. She's always noticed anything and everything if it has to do with soccer. So we want to get her in while she's still passionate about it. She has noticed that we don't have jobs right now and she seems to be ok with it. She knows we're looking and that we want to go to school too and she's pretty excited. She's getting so grown up and loves being a girl. She loves nailpolish, hair ribbons, makeup and clothes. It's pretty fun.
So as you can see, we're into a lot of adventures right now. We're still hoping to eventually move to Montana one day, but it may be farther out than we hoped. Plus, we really love Canby and all that comes with it. It will be hard to leave. So for now, Montana will be a distant dream and we'll keep on moving forward. Thanks for all your love, support and prayers. We look forward to hearing from all of you soon.
Love, Sae
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I love reading about your cute little family! Hope you are doing well! Love, Kristy
Post a Comment