Family Pic

Family Pic
Sept 2009

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Patricia Leanne is Born!

Yesterday, June 16, 2008, Patricia (Tish) Leanne Lanpheare was born to Amy Lynn Leder. She is 8 lbs. 9 oz., 20 1/2 in. long and incredibly beautiful. She has lots of black hair that appeared to be a little curly. Tish gave her mommy quite a difficult time getting here, but was welcomed with smiles and tears of joy. Amy is quite resilient and was able to stay awake for quite some time after the delivery. Evelena and I were both very blessed to be there during the labor and delivery. It's very difficult for me to see Amy struggling so I was at quite a loss of how to take care of her. I wanted to keep asking "What do you need?" or "What can I do?" but I didn't want to annoy her while she was in pain. So we just kept offering a cold cloth or ice chips and we'd get the nurse if we felt Amy needed anything. The staff was incredibly wonderful and wanted her to be as comfortable as possible. They were great. Amy went into labor at her home on Sunday evening and went by ambulance to Silverton Hospital where Evelena and I met up with her. She was admitted at about 9:30 p.m. and finally gave birth at the next morning at 10:49 a.m. Any amazing coincidence or should I say blessing, is that Amy was planning on naming the baby Patricia, after our mom, since the beginning of the pregnancy and she ended up having her on mom's birthday yesterday. It's so amazing. Amy and Tish are both doing great. They were both exhausted, of course, by the time Evelena and I left them at the hospital Monday evening. Rebecca was able to bring Evelena's daughter, Taylor, and also Amy's oldest son, Alex, to the hospital to welcome baby Tish. Alex was unsure of her but soon warmed up. I'm sure he'll be more excepting of the idea in time. Tish will also be welcomed by her other older brother, J.J. who stayed at Nana and Grandpa's to take a nap while Alex visited with Tish. Amy's boys will stay at Rebecca's, in Eugene, for a week or so until Amy can go with Tish to join them. They will stay in Eugene for a couple weeks while Amy and Tish recuperate. You can leave blessings and comments here for them to read while they are gone. Congratulation Amy, Alex and J.J. WELCOME Patricia Leanne! We're so excited for all of you and love you very much.

1 comment:

Brosita said...

Yea- she has arrived. Glad she and Amy are doing well. Thanks for the update!