Today was a very eventful day. I got an early start this morning, well, early for me ;-) Micaela and I went to Silverton to help pick up Amy and Tish. It was very fun helping them get ready to come home. I got to dress the baby and of course Amy dressed herself :-) The hospital gave her a lot of going away gifts. I was quite amazed. She got a quilt, a couple of receiving blankets, a crocheted sweater for Tish and booties to match and an entire dinner for her first night at home. It was wrapped in dark purple cellophane and even included plates, flatware and plastic champagne glasses. I was very impressed. Mommy and baby arrived home safely and were welcomed by Nana and Grandpa in her little room/nursery with a borrowed bassinet from Amy's friend Chrystal. Great-grandma Leder was able to help prepare the house for the homecoming. It was quite lovely.
Another wonderful homecoming story for today is the Morrill's new house. They are getting a new place so they can raise and sell Alpaca (not Llamas :-) Here's a quote from Julia regarding their new adventure:
"Georgia graduated from 8th grade this last Monday and Lil and Ais are at their last day today. Just a half day though and then Lil is going to a party and we're taking G and A to Cottage Grove to finish registering all of them for school down there. The house should be in our name some time today and we'll get the keys and be able to start moving in. We have a bit of painting and rearranging of one room to get done but other than that it's livable. We're so excited! The girls are nervous about making new friends but at least we'll be close enough to their old friends to be able to see them...it's not like we're moving to Florida (which would be Bil's next favorite thing to do!)."
It sounds like a grand adventure. We look forward to traveling to Cottage Grove to see their new home. CONGRATULATIONS Morrill Family!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I am sitting here, at the public library in Tacoma, looking at these beautiful pictures with tears streaming down and my little whimpers of joy for mom and baby. Thanks so much for sharing these! I wish I could be there to hold and kiss her! Welcome, little Tish...thank goodness all is well with you! You are loved already by so many! See you soon! Love, Aunt Ini
Good job to Georgia on the play. Congratulations to Bil and Julia on their new home! We are excited for you and hope to come see you "at home" sometime soon!
Love you!
T and C
Post a Comment