I can't believe it's been 7 months since I updated my Blog! Sorry Y'all. I've had several requests to get this done & I either didn't have time or didn't remember. ALOT has happened. 1st of all, we had a really great summer. We visited with family, made strawberry jam, went camping...all of the fun stuff of summer. We also celebrated Mic's 8th b'day. This was an awesome milestone since she got to be baptized on Sept 12th. It was a great day. The day was SUPER busy. We had a primary activity in the morning, followed by a soccer game, then off to her baptism & finally back to the house for a big party & BBQ. It was great.
One of my greatest accomplishments was coaching Mic's soccer team. I didn't have a clue about soccer, but they were going to cancel her team if they didn't find a coach. So I volunteered. I learned SO much. Mic was already signed up for a soccer summer camp & the coaches were so awesome. They let me ask so many questions & also gave good references of where to find more info. I read books, pamphlets, ordered lesson movies from Netflix and watched soccer games on TV. I really wanted to be a good coach, so I was really doing my research. I ended up with an AMAZING asst. coach who really knew the game. He was so helpful & taught me a lot. The girls were even more AMAZING & truly loved being there. Our team was just AWESOME! We were a U9 team of 10 girls and our name was The Destroyers. We won about 2/3rds of our games & the girls especially loved the after-game snacks :-) I was sad to see the season end but I'm anxious to get started again next year. They did ask me if I wanted to be the Soccer Coordinator, but i turned it down. Right now I just want to coach. Since I really want to get my Teaching Degree and can't got to school right now, this really filled my desire for teaching.
Mic's getting anxious to start soccer as well. She's signed up in Basketball right now & enjoys it but would rather be playing soccer :-D it's her passion.
On the 1st of Sept. we moved to Aurora and are renting from Matt & Ev. We really love our new home and our new ward at church. We miss Canby like CRAZY but we seem to be adjusting here as well. We're not overly thrilled about the school, but we're doing the best we can. Mic's had a hard time adjusting to all the new people, teachers & programs. but we're slowly integrating & learning how to work with everyone & everything.
William (Liam) is doing GREAT! He's almost 10 months now & learning like crazy. He's doing the army crawl but would much rather be walking. He's pulling himself up to a standing position as much as possible. If the chair will slide across the floor then he walks with it. He's already said a few words. his 1st word was Bye Bye as he waved. He also says Mama, Dada, Off & of course SCREAMS when he doesn't get his own way. He has 6 teeth now & loves chewing on everything. I entered him into a baby contest on Live with Regis & Kelly so be sure to vote for him on March 1st. ;-)
In October we took our annual family vacation to Wildlife Safari in Roseburg. We stayed in a fun hotel with a pool, went to the Safari, 4 covered bridges, 2 museums, 2 parks, a town festival and Build & Grow at Lowe's. It was a super fun vacation & I would definitely recommend Wildlife Safari. Even if you're just going to make it a day trip. So many animals and you get to drive around at your own pace. They also have their "Village" that you can walk around. They have a cafe, gift shop & lots of other animals to walk around & look at, including a petting zoo. We had a great time.
Our holidays were totally awesome. No drama & no stress. I made sure of it. I just stayed relaxed & then so did everyone else. We went to lots of parties, saw lots of family and I even learned how to make a quilt. ;-)
Brian & I are doing well. He's looking for new work that pays better & has a better working environment. If you hear of anything just let us know. I'm blessed to be a stay at home mom but I do have a couple of clients for my Home Care business. If you know of anyone looking for home care, cleaning, transportation, etc., feel free to give them my number. We're making friends & enjoying our callings (jobs) at church. Brian teaches the 14 yr old class in Sunday School & I'm the music leader in Primary. He's also a Ward Missionary & I also get to work with the 8 & 9 yr old girls for Activity Days.
We celebrated our 13th anniversary in January and we're more in love than ever. We're looking forward to eternity together.
We have fun plans for 2010 and so I hope to keep this updated more often. Sorry about the long wait. I hope you're all doing well & that your families are safe & sound. Let us know how you are
doing and if there is anything we can do for you. We also LOVE having people over to dinner or movies. Just let us know when you're available.
~Sae :-D
p.s. We also got a dog name Myah. She's Border Collie/German Shepherd. She's the same age as Liam and it's fun having another "baby" in the house. It's been a fun learning experience. We've been able to watch Dog whisperer & learn fun ways to keep her "calm-submissive" ;-) She's really a great dog. Very obedient, loving and, my favorite part, she chases cats :-P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
It is worth the wait. Great blog. I loved your "Smile Box" video. Beautiful. Mic is so beautiful. Growing up fast, huh?
Laura, i'm glad u enjoyed it. I'll try to stay on top of it :-) Mic is growing up WAY too fast. She's becoming more of a young woman than a little girl. I'm not quite sure how to stop this process ;-) I'm glad u liked the video. It was fun making it. I hope to see you soon. ~Sara
Post a Comment